Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PS Thuita: Why I stepped aside

NAIROBI, Kenya, Oct 27 - After diligently considering the full breadth of my duties and responsibilities as Permanent Secretary in the Foreign Affairs Ministry, and being mindful of the importance of the mandate of the Ministry and the need for the hardworking officers to give full attention to the continued delivery of professional service without disruption, I have decided to voluntarily step aside from the conduct and responsibilities of the Ministry in order to allow the competent Government Organs to fully and without impediment investigate all matters of concern raised in the Report of the Departmental Committee on Defence and Foreign Relations on construction, purchase and disposal of properties abroad.

I have consciously taken this decision as an expression of my confidence that at the conclusion of the on-going investigations by the Kenya Anti Corruption Commission, the appropriateness of my engagement with all aspects of the operations pertaining to this matter will undoubtedly be established."

I step aside purely as a matter of personal dignity and professional integrity - indeed, the very same dignity and integrity I have upheld in the performance of my duties for more than twenty-two years of public service at various levels in the Government.

THUITA MWANGI, CBS
PERMANENT SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

No comments:

Post a Comment