Tuesday, April 30, 2013

DTotD: Linesman gets lifetime ban for attacking youth player



A Chechen linesman has been given a lifetime ban for physically attacking a youth player at the end of a Russian reserve league match between Amkar Perm and Terek. As the video above shows, the linesman, Musa Kadyrov, dropped his flag and viciously went after Amkar defender Ilya Krichmar as the final whistle blew. Terek players then jumped into the mix and the scuffle then excluded the man who started it.
From Reuters:
"The ref blew the final whistle and I started walking to our bench, when suddenly someone came from behind, pushed me to the ground and began kicking and punching me," the 18-year-old Amkar player told reporters.
"Terek players then joined the attack. Someone grabbed me by the throat, another hit me... bloodying my face.
"Thank God, my team mates came to the rescue. Special thanks to Vlasov from Terek. We had known each other from a youth academy in St Petersburg and he helped me escape."
Kadyrov said Krichmar had insulted him but the player denied the allegation.
"We weren't happy with the officiating, words had been exchanged but I had never said anything personal about him or his mother," he said. "I know how sensitive Chechen people are."
A former FIFA official in attendance as an assessor said of the short-tempered linesman, "He had no clue about rules, even worse, attacked a player. On a scale of one to 10, I'd give him a zero and I'm writing a special report. He should not be allowed to officiate again." So between not knowing the rules and attacking a teenager, it sounds like Kadyrov had a pretty great day.
This has been the Dirty Tackle of the Day: a chronicling of unfortunate events.

No comments:

Post a Comment